Trailer Breakaway Kit W/ LED, Charger, Switch Side-Load - 42914
Breakaway kits are designed to bring trailers safely to a stop by activating the electric brakes should a trailer disconnect from the tow vehicle during transit. Ideally, the safety chains will prevent a trailer from disconnecting if the coupler comes off the ball. However, if the safety chains fail, the breakaway kit acts as a last line of defense against a runaway trailer. This type of safety system is required in most states for trailers weighing more than 3,000 lbs. Our breakaway kits are the best and safest that technology can provide.
Battery Charger: DC to DC trickle charger fits securely into the breakaway battery case. It provides continuous recharge for all 12V battery systems with a 4 amp (minimum) output. Maintenance-free; breakaway batteries are always fully charged. Includes an automatic shut-off feature that will not permit the battery to overcharge.
• Included: 1 Rust-Proof Battery Box, w/ LED Indicator, Charger, Switch & 12 Volt 5 Amp Hr Battery
• Meets or exceeds DOT requirements
• Kits assembled to ISO standards
• For use with All Single, Tandem, and Tri-Axle Breakaway Applications
• Quick and Easy Installation
• Weather/Corrosion Resistant
• Manufacturer is a proud member of NATM (National Association of Trailer Manufacturers)
• Replacement accessories available
• 1-year manufacturer warranty